Sunday, October 06, 2013

Veep




I’m back from my Taiwan holidays. I will blog on my Taiwan adventures later on. There are just so many tales to tell and share :)

Well, after being out from the office for almost 1 week – I’m a bit dreading of going in to work this week. I don’t know what Ursula is up to. I am sure Ursula has already dug out a lot of skeletons in the Stationery Department. Ursula will probably find that the whole department is in a big mess, dis-organized, inefficient and what a lousy buyer I am :) Well, let’s see what Ursula have to say about this then. I have gone through some very frustrating period under Leonardo, some days the frustration is worse than others – it comes in waves. A buyer, an employee needs help in different levels, he/she needs the confidence and to have this, his/her needs the necessary support. Not just on the ‘field’ but also off it. Even if confidence is not one of my strong point, I wish Leonardo have taught me this confidence. It would have help had Leonardo shown the confidence, concern or even communicate with me. Even though, every down moment still hurts, but it puts everything into perspective.

Well, I just have to keep working hard and keep pushing for my chance. I know that my personality have to be bigger in order to mount Ursula’s future challenges & tactics. I am not sure whether I will be able to return to my previous elite level. It’s normal if I have no more the confidence in myself, I came from a; not-an-easy situation, a tough one. It’s part of the game, part of the psychological war of this environment. Ursula has not showed her tanduk and ekor yet. This is only my third week with Ursula. And when she does…it will be like a hurricane, a tsunami, a typhoon, a big storm that will be hard to navigate. I guarantee that by next month; November onwards, Ursula will be able to grasp on how to run the Stationery Business. I cannot bullshit or hentam my answers after that :) There are 2 major problems in the department – duplication of lines, lack of space and standardization. If Ursula can standardize the Cold Storage and Supermarket Bays – allowing us to select one supplier to monopolize everything plus 2 branded suppliers – problems are solved. Then, I will not have the need to hold on to many master files. If we are firm and cruel enough, we just keep the fast moving lines for the Hypermarket format – problems are solved too. If Ursula can fight for the offer bins space – it will make the job so much easier. Clearly, everyone, even Ursula can see that I am not good enough. Ursula will have to take it from here. Ursula has to lead this project.

No comments: