Sunday, February 01, 2015

Check The Oil

Maintenance is also important in our spiritual lives.
Taking time each day to read the Bible, pray and listen to God is a key element in avoiding a breakdown. Before checking emails, catching the news or eating breakfast, they find some quiet moments alone to read a portion of God’s Word, praise Him for His greatness, thank Him for His love and seek His guidance. It’s not magic – it’s maintenance, as we ask the Lord each day to fill our hearts with His presence on the road of life.

Give me a strong desire, O Lord, to look into Your
Word each day. Help me hide it in my heart so that
I might not stray from Your truth. Feed me and
Teach me about Yourself and Your will for me.

The roots of stability come from being grounded in God’s Word and prayer.

No comments: