Sunday, February 08, 2015

Confessions of Lady Laura



Confirm! Marcus doesn’t like me.
Marcus sees me as someone that is very negative, very demanding, rude, spoilt brat & refuse to change. Somemore, can ask me not to be so angry and keep the issue inside my heart. I am not angry. I am very disappointed. Again – this problematic book supplier. I thought Marcus will be (once and for all), the SCM that can right the wrong. I am wrong. In the meeting, Marcus can tell the supplier this & that…but when it comes to the execution part…we still fail. I already told Marcus that we must walk the talk…in the end…I think the supplier is having a very good laugh at us, behind our back, and telling competitors how foolish we are, what a weak buyer I am, what poor leadership from me. I told Marcus 3 times. The first time was in Marcus room…I say it very loud since Marcus’s next door neighbor is Ursula :) second time was also in Marcus room and finally the third time on the phone. This Marcus…know that the supplier will do their set-up on Monday…but only email out to Mr. Horton on that Monday morning itself. See, it is always the Stationery Department that has to be sacrifice. Somemore, can give away two blocks of my open space to Pietro. This Marcus don't even know how to say no to Mr. Horton. Didn't even bother to fight for me. Pierto’s department sales drop, give my space to Pietro. When my department sales drop…only know how to shrink my space. Sales determine space. Where is the justification? Nonetheless, THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE TO THE LORD, BLESS YOU GOD – that I managed to close January positive.

I can never be like Jonas…managing the department so well and still can go home at 6pm sharp. I don’t know. I really don’t know. For Marcus – it’s working only mah…no, it’s not that. As long as you are still sitting on that chair, on that desk, in that room…you have the responsibilities & the obligation to do the right thing. No wonder, almost all of the major corporations worldwide is so screw-up these days …no sustainability…it’s all about compromising values & integrity to achieve their profit making status.

OK - I will calm down.

Jesus said this: Do not be worried and upset…Believe in God and believe also in me.

God is waiting to save you. He wants to save you from sin and self, save you for His Purpose, and save you by His Grace, through faith. But you’ve got to relax, quit trying to save yourself, let go, and trust your Savior to do it for you.

The Apostle Paul had a much better alternative: Do not worry about anything, but pray and ask God for everything you need, always giving thanks. And God’s peace, which is so great we cannot understand it, will keep your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.

No comments: