Sunday, November 23, 2014

You + Me




Secure Brownie Points with Marcus:

(1) Marcus asks me on one of the Christmas consignment supplier’s payment term. I said that I don’t know. By right, it should be 30 days term. Then, I quickly check with Alice, got the answer and I quickly email back the answer to Marcus.

(2) I praise Marcus. Acknowledging that it is not easy to switch from HomeWare to SoftWare and then to LeisureWare. My salutations to Marcus. Yes, I polished apple :)

(3) After agreeing to Ursula’s ideas of using the bins within my department walkway, I quickly went down to the downstairs stores to make the necessary arrangement. Alas, the idea is not that feasible at all :( If the bins were to park in there, the customer’s trolley cannot push through. I went down, spoke to my store team, took the pictures, took the measurement and present it back to Marcus. I think Marcus is also surprise that I am so fast to expedite on it and are so hands-on with it. Nonetheless, THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE TO THE LORD, BLESS YOU GOD – finally Marcus allows me to use back my own department space, instead of allowing Alice to put the Christmas toys.

(4) Marcus came into my room, saying that we have to discuss something. I said I know what it is – Buying Income. Marcus was surprise, impress or amuse that I know. Well, Marcus has been bringing up the subject lately...so I just remember lor...and I also did a very simple simulation for Marcus on how much buying income that we will be getting in.

(5) We have a range review meeting with The Ice Queen. I think everyone has an advantage over me because all of them have started on their category planning long long time ago...except for me...I didn’t get to start under Leonardo because I was transferred to Ursula. Then, under Ursula’s time...The General resigns. So, I didn’t do anything at all. Then, Marcus reminds me on what I need to do. Before Marcus can say anything – I said yes – the Decision Tree & the Promotion Plan. Marcus was like impress...well, I told Marcus – that Marcus have repeated 3 times to me on the Decision Tree & the Promotion Plan and right now, I am just trying to figure out on how to link both of the concepts together. Marcus commented that I remember.

(6) Marcus & I went through the Premium Format Christmas catalogue together. Marcus wanted to change the description of one of the item...to make it more simple for the customer to understand. Which I also agree. I said Genius Boss :)

(7) As The English have throw price on the IK Paper 70gm @ RM5.90, we have to follow suit but it will incur a negative margin on our side with no compensation...so, I propose to Marcus that we just do it for our downstairs store only, don’t get our profits hurt so much.

(8) The Ice Queen said that since our competitor always throw price on the IK & Double A Paper – let’s phase out this brand instead and focus on our own house brand. I don’t agree. IK & Double A are like P&G and Unilever. You ask us to be more customer focus, to be in-line with the current market trend, therefore...we must carry and advertise this brand as well. We give customers what they want. Both of these brands represent half of the market share. I only have to balance up the number of times it gets to be advertised and how deep I want to lose. I feel that The Ice Queen is very contradicting.

No comments: