Sunday, March 01, 2015

#178.Very.Goat



Tommy + J___ = ?????

Lately, Mr. Horton has been on a very aggressive recruitment drive. Mr. Horton has been recruiting people from the English to strengthen the team in G13. Of course, there are some staff that has left G13 for the Japanese. I think Mr. Horton have completed the enhancement mission for the Grocery & Fresh Division. Now, it’s my division’s turn. The chess is moving right now. What is very interesting here…is that…since Mr. Horton is so secretive and will not reveal much to anyone…no one knows their role in this chess game right now. I for sure do not know mine. In my previous working experience…at the very least…I know whether I am the soldier or the knight or the bishop…now, I don’t even know. I can even be checkmated anytime. Gulp!

Ok…what happen was…I have been hearing a lot of rumors going around lately. Too much. Too many. Until I cannot differentiate which are the real ones…which one are the false ones. I have been informed that Tommy will be on board. And it’s confirmed. Mr. Horton brief Pietro & myself in Marcus’s room on last week Friday.

I welcome Tommy’s arrival. After all…Tommy was the pioneer who kicks start such a good stationery department until it become a benchmark and a point of reference for everyone today. I am just surprise that Tommy picks G13 instead of going back to The English. I met Tommy in M13, then we parted ways. Tommy was working with The English…then left…disappeared for a while…then re-join back The English…then, heard that Tommy took a sabbatical leave, went back to the States and now Tommy is back to KL shore.

One of my suppliers told me that Tommy is a bastard to work with but Tommy is a good boss. And Tommy can take on big challenges. For sure, some suppliers will be very happy to see that Tommy is back. Some suppliers will feel so – so. And then, there will be those that are unhappy with it. As I have said, I certainly welcome Tommy’s arrival. But it also has been such a very long time – 8 years. I have grown up, Tommy has grown up. Let’s see…

The chess board is moving right now. There will be winners and losers. There will be opportunities. There will be surprises and joys, and tears and sometimes anger, living together as a office unit. But we will continue to inspire, frustrate, encourage, and support each other in our coming days to come. It will come to an end, like everything else.

No comments: