Saturday, December 28, 2013

BIG NIGHT OUT




Thank You GOD, Praise To The LORD, Bless You GOD – all of a sudden, I have received a sms from Emerson, whether I would like to explore new prospects with The English. It is so unexpected to receive such an invitation as the year draws to an end. It really stopped me in my tracks. I did not imagine, with my age and position, I still have people offering me a job. It is so rare these days. Some more, I didn’t have a very strong year. I have no sucess stories to tell for 2013. I literally screw up the entire department. I am sure everyone in the market has heard about my failures. Everyone in the office is gossipping behind my back. I could not even beat my last year own sales figures. I am not even talking about out-performing Jonas's benchmark of 2010 or 2011. GOD, I feel so blessed & humble. Like there was a second chance in my life, a beacon of hope. Emerson is the one who is currently replacing Tommy at The English. Tommy has taken an 8 months sabbatical leave and went to the states. One of my supplier have mention to me that Tommy is already back in Malaysia, but keeping a very low profile as Tommy didn’t want anybody to know about it. It is also very unsure whether Tommy will get back the old job or not. Apparently, Emerson is a good friend of Miguel and it was Miguel who invited Emerson to join the team when Tommy left. I ask Emerson (via sms) is it for a position in the Stationery Department, Emerson said yes and also perhaps for the Toys Department; depending on my strength. I did not share this with Celtic; instead I went directly to Stewart this time around. According to Stewart's sources, Lexie has been promoted, however; after being promoted, Lexie is not doing that well either, perhaps Lexie is not ready for such a promotion yet and also that there is a possibility that Lexie cannot handle the complexity of the office politics over there…Lexie is also on the lookout for new jobs outside as well. On the other hand, as Emerson have been out from the market for quite some time and thus, needed to seek out a very strong buyer to help out.

Sigh…nonetheless…I have already decline Emerson’s offer the very next day. I am only curious on how Emerson got my number – from the suppliers? Juan Valentine? Miguel? Danny? Rodrigo? Ping? Atticus? GOD, I don’t want a buyer’s job anymore. How come, it’s always the buying job? Is there no other route that I can it take from here?

No comments: