Saturday, December 07, 2013

Full Circle

The other day, not sure what was Ursula’s actual or real intentions was. All of a sudden, she mentions, that perhaps - Leonardo cannot get me to perform in my Stationery Portfolio, thus giving more priorities to Alice’s category. Because, by right and with facts & figures, my department is bigger that Alice’s. I don’t blame Leonardo. I blame myself for everything. I did such a sloppy job, my overall sales mix contribution dropped drastically, I did worst compare to Jonas's time, I just cannot click with Leonardo, I cannot even get through to Leonardo…so, if I were Leonardo, it is a very natural human reaction to divert somewhere else.

Then, Ursula criticizes Leonardo (adding more salt & vinegar to the situation) for going very drastically on Madeleine’s mark down clearance items. Ursula question why Leonardo did not went through such an exercise with my Christmas items. Ursula’s logic is also true…Madeleine’s household items are evergreen. There is no seasonal cycle to it. The stocks don’t have to be drastically marked down. It can be sold all year long. The mark downs can be done stage by stage to keep the margins healthy. However, my Christmas stocks are different. It can only be sold once a year. Once the 25th December is over, that’s it. All of the Christmas stocks have to be packed and kept at the storage area. Have to wait for the following year to re-sell again.

I don’t know whether Ursula is trying to get me mad or to feel indifferent towards Leonardo, Alice and Celtic. Trying to put ideas into my head and get me isolated from them. If it is…then, she is really evil :)

No comments: