Sunday, December 08, 2013

Nadya

Ursula’s mood swings has been fluctuating up and down very drastically these days. Like the share prices on the Bursa Board :) I try not to disturb her, unless I really have a big problem that I can’t handle or solve. Usually, it is Ursula who will find me – via phone or drop by at my room. Sometimes, in her email correspondence to me, there is no Hi or Dear. I also manage to take a peek that Ursula is still continuing doing Christy’s work and when Ursula wants to request for reports for both of the Stationery & Auto/DIY department from one of the MAs, she will cc a copy to me but not to Christy. Weird. Is she still controlling Christy’s work? Ursula told me (the other day) that she has spoken to Christy; things are getting better and smoother. She told Christy not to pusing anymore, don’t care if Christy needs to work on Saturday or Sunday to meet the deadlines. Hmm...I think the matter is not just about meeting deadlines…certainly not that simple, I think that the issue which involves both of them, there is more to it than meets the eye.

I think Ursula’s angin is also being affected by how The General treats her or what have The General says to her on a daily basis. On the surface, I also do notice that The General favors Marcus & Leonardo more because The General always drop by in their rooms and say very loudly – Hi Beautiful, Good Morning Beautiful. Ursula doesn’t get that. I am sure deep down inside, Ursula doesn’t feel good about it. Ursula will feel that she is being discriminated, not being trusted with, there will be too many processes to get an approval and too many unnecessary obstacles. A lot of needless hindrance, I would say. At times, it is really difficult to read Ursula. She is very complicated and thinks way too much and far ahead. I am also not sure why The General behaves in such a way either. Is it because that The General has heard that Ursula used to be Mr. Jan Vet’s pet? Where did Ursula went wrong? Did The General heard (like me) too many negative stories about Ursula – which some are true and some are not? Ursula knows very well on how to play this game. She is wiser, more experience, she realize what situation she is in; earlier than me. She knows who are her friends and enemies are. She just got to play it well. Or else, she won’t ask me which is more important – being hardworking, loyal, accommodating…I think Ursula tried many ways but her plans just got backfired instead. I think whatever Ursula tries to do, it just doesn't please or make The General happy.

And I think The General sees me as the weakest link, thus pulls me out from Leonardo’s team and park me under Ursula :( I can’t say that my 14 months (from June 2012 – August 2013) was being played out the way I wanted it to be, but I am very proud of my journey thus far. My career has given me the opportunity to see the world, meet some cool folks and do what I love in the process – minus some sparks and dedication. As you grow up, things get a little bit harder. When you’re 23 – you can make your little mistakes. People will say that I am still learning the game but when you’re 31 – you’ve got to be at your highest level. Expectations are always really high and I think when you look at your seniors – they can be a little bit tougher. That’s when your character comes out – you just have to keep going and work harder.

No comments: