Monday, February 03, 2014

Sitting, Babbling, Moving

Ursula has met up with 6 of my suppliers so far. The first 5 was very cina apek :) They are the laid-back kind, they are not the business or entrepreneurship driven type, probably they are very comfortable in their own zone, they may not be able to accept new radical way of doing things, always highlighting the problems; and not providing the solutions to help us to expand & improve our business further, they do not have a pulse of the market. That is why during these meetings – Ursula can control the whole process. She knows how to pacify them. However, with the 6th supplier – I see another side of Ursula, where she cannot control the meeting. Instead, it was my supplier who was the one who leads the meeting from the beginning till the end. Credits to Michel & Ice for dominating 70% of the meeting with facts & figures of the industry outlook. They are teaching Ursula. This duo is young. Just started their business a few years back. They are very passionate in pushing for their sales, they are aggressive in new product launching and love to do new product development. Most importantly, they are very in tune to what the market wants and they help the retailers to achieve that. I need to tag along with this kind of supplier who is willing to re-fine and grow the business further. Ursula looks agreeable with what Michel have proposed upfront, but I also have to re-confirm the whole thing with her again…in case she changed her mind.

Ursula also mentions that she thinks that my foundation is quite strong…or…quite ok…or quite good…something along that line but I need to be trigger. And this Michel finds Ursula to be a very smart person, the first impression is positive and Ursula is the type; if Ursula wants it, means that she wants it. Ursula is more aggressive compare to Leonardo and wants my department to shout & shine. Ursula asks questions and she wants answers cum solutions. She wants to discuss things, I can see that she herself is also very unsure of many things regarding my department but she wants these crazy ideas and theories or directions to make things better and to get fast results, she wants instant impact, she wants input and explanations, and she wants everyone to engage with her. And Michel feel that Ursula quite like me. Now, I don’t really know whether this like, as in like really like me…or we are being in the same wavelength. This Michel also went on to say that I am very happy being under Ursula pula. Adoi. I hope that Leonardo (whose room was just beside me before I moved into my new room) didn’t hear any of this…or not…aiyopaiseh. Malunya

Sigh…lots of work after this :(

No comments: