Sunday, September 14, 2014

Crimson Opera




THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE TO THE LORD, BLESS YOU GOD…for Ursula???

FC Pen – so classic of Ursula. My Top 3 best-selling pens models are Click Blue 0.5, Click Asst 0.5 & Click Black 0.5. For this supplier; Box Of 10 new collection – there is no Black color in it. Ursula was the genius here again…committing the quantities for Blue, Asst and create a new Black. She actually thought of it...why I didn't even think about it? The possibility of it? Why it didn't cross my mind? Am I stupid? Am I not paying enough attention to the details? I am not creative?

And then on the other day – it was a look of disappointment on her face. A mixture of anger and frustration. I can feel that Ursula was very disappointed with me. I didn’t mean to challenge her. Previously, the price point format is @ RM1, RM3, RM5, RM7, RM10 etc. Now, with the new CEO on board, it have change to RM2, RM4, RM8, RM12. And seriously, I can’t meet the new price point format. If I follow, than the stationeries items become of no value. Then, Ursula shoot back at me that I have to bring this back to the negotiation table with the suppliers. I am not negotiating hard enough. At that point of time, I can only say that I will try to do better and improve on it the next time. I feel so hopeless. I am so relying on her. Sigh…yeah…it hurts. I will not lie and pretend like I am fine if I'm not. I was not fine at all. We didn’t talk for 2 days. But on last week Friday, we start to talk back again…so, our heart is not that small at all. I HAVE TO STEP UP. I HAVE TO COME TO THE PARTY.

In Ursula’s own words – I will have to slowly, surely and in my own words; steadily finish the race. For sure, I will not be the Number 1, I will not be at the podium drinking the champagne…but at least I finished the race and reach the finishing line.

Tactically, Ursula is very clever, reacts to situations, changes things for the better, see problems and adjust things very quickly. Ursula can play any formation that she wants, she is not scared to change business strategies from time to time or tinker with it as the process is still going on. She is a manager that you want to work hard for and win for. Ursula is a misunderstood character. I have been blown away by how sharp Ursula is and can be. She is also quick to see a problem. Ursula shows her people unbelievable respect, she treats them like her own children and tries her very best to creates a supportive atmosphere to work in. Credits must be given when and where it’s due.

No comments: