Saturday, February 13, 2016

Your Personal Wish Book




Up to 50% Discount Plush Toys & RT Bear (100cm)

20% Discount All Gift Deco, Gift Ribbon, Gift Wrapper, Gift Paper Bag, Gift Box, Photo Album & Frame

Err…range discount…I am not so sure of this strategy.

The basic things…I think it’s the same across all abroad. However, when you go in deeper into the nature of the category…there is no one size fits all. Each category, they have their own little secret on how to drive the business.

For the bears…I mean toys are margin generator…I think…ideally…advertise 1 big bear with very sharp pricing…then the customers walk in…they see other plush toys…maybe the big bear is not suitable for them…they will pick up other plush toys instead…so, why slash the margin. If really want to slash the margin, also must ensure that the investment is worth it to get that sales uplift.

For the gift category thingy…aiyo…margin generator again…customers is not going to compare that the gift wrapper in Aeon Big is a dollar cheaper compare to Tesco. Or the gift box is two dollars cheaper than Giant. Customers are not that price sensitive to these things. It will not because of a dollar cheaper, that they will go elsewhere. If they need it, they will buy it.

I still strongly believe in Giant & Tesco strategies – killer items. Category discount works best for Bedding. If the promotion selling price is at RM49.90, RM69.90 or RM89.90 – the customers will not go wild. They will only say wow if the promotion mechanics is at 80% discount. A4 Paper – put up 20% discount will not have any impact but straight away advertise IK Paper 70gm @ RM5.90 – the whole market goes beserk.

Have I been brainwashed by Giant & Tesco? Hahaha…

I can’t voice out my opinions to Stewart & Celtic or to the others…they will just waive me away…my opinions do not count...

So I can only express myself here…

:)

No comments: