Sunday, January 08, 2017

The Survival Float




Certain situations in life require us to spend our mental, physical or emotional energy in a way that we can’t sustain. David described a time when his enemies were threatening him and he felt the emotional weight of their anger. He needed to escape the distress he was experiencing.

As he processed his feelings, he found a way to rest in his troubled thoughts. He said – cast your cares on the Lord and He will sustain you. He recognized that God supports us if we dare to release our problems to Him. We don’t have to take charge of every situation and try to craft the outcome – that’s exhausting! God is in control of every aspect of our life.

Instead of trying to do everything in our own effort, we can find rest in God. Sometimes it’s as simple as asking Him to handle our problems. Then we can pause, relax and enjoy the knowledge that He is sustaining us.

God, today I give my problems to You. I know that You are in control of everything and I believe You are willing to help me. Please help me to find peace in You.

God is a safe resting place.

No comments: