Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Willingness To Wait

All of us have times when, although we feel we deserve a clear answer from God in relation to a certain circumstance or situation, we do not get it. Sometimes God gives us an answer and sometimes He doesn’t. Indeed, a Christian may be kept in the position of waiting for a week, a month, a year – or even a lifetime. What does one do when this happens? We must do what Habakkuk did – leave the issue with God.

Habakkuk asks God a question to which he gets no reply. So what does he do? He does not attempt to rationalize his position or form a premature conclusion. He certainly does not say – I do not understand all this so therefore I am bound to conclude that God doesn’t have an answer to give.

No, he acted in the way every one of us ought to act when faced with this situation – he committed the problem to God and left it with Him. He simply says – I will climb my watchtower now, and wait to see what answer God will give to my complaint. Habakkuk’s willingness was the turning point in his spiritual confusion. Today it can be yours too.

(if I can wait for the Section 7 House, then I can wait for my career direction too)

Forgive me, dear Lord, that when answers do not come, I too quickly come to the wrong conclusions about Your purposes and designs. I see the lesson Habakkuk illustrates is a deeply important one. Help me to learn it. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments: