Sunday, April 27, 2014

Selfishness & Self-Interest

Ursula asked me on last week Friday – recently Baldwin has a self-funded panel ad in the newspaper, but why is Baldwin’s department sales still drop? I just shrug it off…I say I don’t know. Michel pointed out to me, the reason why Ursula always ask me such questions…is for me to learn to analyze…and once I know how to analyze…I will be able to come out with well-planned strategies and know what I want & how I want to move the department forward. Michel mentions to me that was how her mentor trains her in Singapore as well. Michel’s mentor has never taught her anything on the products. Only taught Michel on how to be a good human being. Ursula too. Ursula will occasionally ask me questions like why the Textile Department sales drop, how do you want your stationery area to look like, which department will be mostly likely to be affected first once the new CEO join us on board etc. Okay…for the next time, I will answer Ursula's questions more properly :)

I am not exactly sure on why Baldwin’s department sales drop…but for sure Baldwin’s answer will be that Baldwin cannot cope. Baldwin has mentioned to me several times that it is impossible for 1 person to manage 2 departments. Maybe Baldwin is correct, maybe Baldwin is wrong but I think Baldwin already have this perspective & mindset and in a way; directly or indirectly is holding Baldwin back.

Baldwin also told me that The General did not give Baldiwn any salary increment of taking over Madam Yap’s department…however, in this Clara’s case…Clara mention to me that The General has promised Clara that Clara’s salary will be adjusted upwards in the month of April on taking over Linda’s category. Hmm…sounds like, The General is being not very fair here to Baldwin and what’s more both Baldwin & Clara are under Marcus’s charge.

No comments: