Sunday, April 13, 2014

The Cheeky Sparrow



We agree to disagree, we disagree to agree.
You know what…I am going to continue to learn, unlearn and relearn. I am not going to do the same thing each time and expecting different results altogether. I am going to break down this stubborn wall of mine. I am going to be open and to try. I will listen to understand, and not listen to reply back. I am seeing how this Ursula is working in me to be a better person. THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE TO THE LORD, BLESS YOU GOD…she is really working on building & molding on my character. According to Ursula, I need to work on activities that create sales, I need to focus on tasks that brings in the money…others are secondary. I don’t want to be like Christy. And I think I am also heading that way right now, if I don’t wake up.

Ursula >> she is a firm believer of indent. She finds local outright suppliers are not that loyal, will probably supply the same merchandise to our competitors. Ursula anticipate that as the local retail competition gets stiffer in the future, sales will be hard to come by, therefore, it will be good to go after the profits. To take the first step, always indent the local supplier’s fast moving items first; for sure it will not go wrong. Thereafter, only move to other fancy categories to try on.

Me >> I’m also a firm believer of indent too. However, it’s only applicable to certain categories. Air mattress? Yes. Camping? Yes. Stationery? Our local suppliers are very strong, indent should be coming in on a promotion basis. Whereas for non-core categories – it’s better to outsource to the specialize suppliers to get the job done. I provide the space, the suppliers carry the stocks, if it doesn’t work out, I don’t have to write them off, the supplier will take the returns.

We take note of each other concern. We want to improve the department. But for sure, I will voice up if I feel uncomfortable. Of course, at the end of the day, Ursula is the final and dominant decision-maker. I voice up not to protest, but to show that I can analyze the situations, I can think things through, I can anticipate the consequences (whther it's good or bad), I can manage if any problems arises. At least, Ursula is being pre-informed earlier.

No comments: