Sunday, April 06, 2014

the girl who ate the world




I turned down the below job offer. A little bit of regret on my part and I am angry with myself for it. But now, I am letting it go. It is my own doing after all. My very own fault.

1 day at a time. The first quarter of 2014 have already passed by. Even my this year New Year resolution is to make everyday count. More fulfilled. Making connections with people from my past, present & future. I don’t deny that I am off-track again. So, GOD, please help me by putting me back on the right path.

For the past 9 years, I am single and wedded to my job. I lived and breathed my work. I am not feeling guilty over it. I am happy and I admit it. I enjoyed what I did and didn’t begrudge the demands & stress the job placed on my life. It was my life. I thought as I get older, my priorities would change or more precisely I thought it was time to change my priorities. Why not step out from the rat race, stop stressing around, change jobs, take it easy, go home at 7pm and enjoy the sunset? It hasn’t quite work out that way :) For one thing, I don’t think I am working fewer hours. While the job is hard, stressing over the same routine stress, sometimes, it has its wonderful moments as well…it doesn’t quite compare with the adrenaline rush of keeping tabs on the current sales progress, the satisfaction of a leaflet promotion well done etc. I’m not saying that every day in the office is an exciting day. There are moments, meetings & people that drive you up the wall. But I like the rush, the routine, the stress, the comfort zone :(

My job gives my life purpose, structure and friends. And as I grew older, it is also a shield against dark existentialist thoughts. Besides, our bodies are flushed with good hormones when we take on new tasks, socialized with our colleagues and when we & our team succeed. Sigh…I know…I am so fickle-minded…nonetheless, meanwhile…I’ll continue to be thankful that I still have a job and enjoy it while it lasts.

No comments: