Tuesday, August 19, 2014

hors d’oeuvres




Today we have a team meeting in Ursula’s room.
Thank You GOD, Praise To The Lord, Bless You GOD.
As my sales value are safe (positive by RM428K), margin value (positive by RM75K), margin percentage (down by -4%) – lucky I didn’t kena tembak from Ursula. Instead…Christy really got question by Ursula in front of everyone why both her sales & margin drop. Half way through, Ursula say that she wants to praise me; in front of everyone because my stock value and stock days are also down too, my sales and my margin are up. GOD is indeed watching over me :) Then this Gerrard menyampuk pula - Well Done but I can feel that the tone was an envy and not satisfied tone.

Whenever there is a team meeting…I will feel very reckless…because I just feel so small. Shawn is also very quiet, but once buka mulut…really give facts and figures…very steady one. Gerrard is very opinionated and outspoken. Always contribute inputs during the meeting. Sabrina just likes to ambil hati Ursula. Also like to show off a little. Christy is cautions. I pula…ignorant and look here and there and everywhere :)

Then in the evening, I met up with Ursula in her room again to have some documents signed. Then Ursula praised me that I have improved a little in running the reports and analyze things. I no longer talk about product anymore but dollar value. I no longer talk or analyze generally but I have gone in more detail. I sarcastically told Ursula that I start to put in a little bit more of heart & soul in doing my work now. Ursula said that she needs to help out on Christy’s department. The department is like a patient who is on drips right now. She asks me why is Christy's department sales drop. My asnwer was that Christy's clearance sales outpace her normal sales. Ursula thinks that - for example - in the air freshener category...when both brands of Glade & Ambi Pur are under clearance...Christy does not have a third brand to help her to push up the margin & sales. Now, Christy's deparment homebays are empty. Indent orders are not being placed…what is Christy waiting for. Ursula asks me - am I afraid of her...I said Yes :) Actually, the problem is not with Ursula. Is me. I can't answer her questions. I fear the questioning part. What if my answers have no common sense? Sounds silly. Under expectations. Ursula also asks me whether I need help for the Category Plan or not. Then, I kena tease again that she trusts herself in running the reports more than myself… then I also being honest back to her…I need her more than she needs me right now. But she also got mention – lucky I have J___ here. I reply back to her…yeah, the lazy and unreliable one. Now, as eyes are on me…I have to be more cautions. These people’s game are up a level now.

No comments: