Sunday, August 17, 2014

preppy librarian chic




Now, being a buyer in the retail industry – if we are going to have dinner or any meals with our respective suppliers, we need to declare to our superior first. This is to avoid any misunderstanding or any form of monetary or non-monetary abuses. It’s a very sensitive issue. Unfortunately, twice in a row, I have kept quiet and didn’t inform Ursula anything. I have dinner with both Michel & Ice. Both were Japanese meal. The first time was at SS15 Subang, then coffee at Station 1. The second time was at Rakuzen @ Oasis Square, Ara Damansara. Both times were good meals which I indulge a lot. Nonetheless, at the end of the day, I still work with facts and figures. I was not biased or discriminating. I am clean :) As a matter of fact, I needed the input from Michel the most. I need someone who is well-verse of the industry, very experience, creative, ambitious, willing to take on new challenges and initiatives, keen in developing new, fun concepts. Not those old timers that have pass their prime and are a bit out-dated of trying bold ideas…and can’t help me much in re-building back the department. Also establishing a network of suppliers who can support you is invaluable!

No comments: