Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tree Bar




Seremban Road Trip – OMG, this has happen ages ago. A very long overdue post indeed. I think it took place somewhere in June. We made a road trip down to Seremban to visit Reggie, Ann & Baby Isaac. Miss Klein was driving, I was the co-pilot, Trix joined us and Mel Jag & Valerie was also in da’house too. Upon arriving, the hosts brought us to have our lunch – Wan Tan Mee and then Cendol as dessert. We also went and bought the Seremban famous Siew Pau, egg tarts and other famous crispy & yummy pastries as well. Then, we hang out at Ann’s parent house in the afternoon. Baby Isaac has his nap and some of us too :) It was a time to bond with these friends who treasure each other and also our friendship. Treasure the people who treasure you to be exact. At least I know that these people will never fail to drop me an sms or a watsapp message once in a while to ask me out, ask how I have been lately or wonder if I am already dead or not. Lol. Reggie & Ann also unwrap the present we bought for Baby Isaac. It was exactly the same thing that the new parents have wanted to buy for their toddler son but decide to withhold their purchases first because the toddler is still so small. We make the right selection after all.

I like how this young couple strive to instill good values in their baby boy. Of course, these days…the easy way out with parenting is to keep them materially comfortable and tell ourselves that we’ve given the best that we can to our children. The harder way is to teach them to honor their parents, respect the elders, be kind and gracious, be truthful and genuine, to give and love and to receive and be loved with gratitude. And I am still learning these too. I also admit, that at times I failed in this area.

Later in the night, we have seafood for dinner. Crabs! Yummylicious :) And then there was a small surprise in it as well. They celebrated my belated birthday. Aww…they were so sweet and I was just so touched :) Being with everyone, there is smiling and laughing and happy as they can be. Content…I am :)

No comments: