Monday, August 18, 2014

The New Strong Willed Child




Celaka betul this Ursula. Very subtly, very sarcastically when she utters this sentence to me – I am a lousy buyer. What happen was…this particular supplier can only supply their pens in the West Malaysia market. East Malaysia & Brunei are under other supplier’s distributorship. It was a very much a divide and rule business module. Every market’s interest are being protected. So, when I decide to do a new listing for the Brunei market, this Ursula pula questions me. Why can’t the current supplier who is supplying into the West Malaysia market distribute into the Brunei market? Why can’t the Brunei supplier follows the West Malaysia supplier terms and conditions? If supplier like Energizer and Ambi Pur can, why can’t this stationery supplier cannot? Hello…both Energizer and Ambi Pur are big players with huge volume. Of course, they can standardize and they have to, to a certain extent. Mine is a Chinese apek company. Then this Ursula commented – since I am such a lousy buyer, I cannot nego much, so I have to let it be.

Never mind…fine…I learned. Yes. You’re a mystery to me but I want to get to know you, every gram of your brain whether it’s a pink or a grey or has a multicolored rainbow hues, I want to get to know you. I want to pick your brains.

No comments: