Wednesday, December 31, 2014

through blood-colored glasses



Ursula: How is your new boss?
Me: Busy.
Ursula: Do you think Marcus can cope?
Me: (I shake my head).
Ursula: Did you propose in your range review presentation that you need another buyer?
Me: No. I am not like Alice & Baldwin. I do not have the leverage to do so. On the category hierarchy…it is very obvious that Alice & Baldwin only holds 2 departments. They have the bargaining power to request for another headcount. But I can’t.
Ursula: Your competitor is the bookstores. People in the office here don’t know how to run the department. Don’t know how to run the business. We need to hire people from the bookstores. We need the professional. I am not saying that you are not a professional. It’s not that you cannot do it, you need help.
Me: See how lah…I will do some soul-searching after this…
Ursula: Hahaha…

True mah…I cannot cope…people at the HQ & Store level is also not supporting. Continue doing what I am doing is also very meaningless…of course, as long as I am still sitting inside the room…I will still do my part…but at the same time, I will start searching.

Either you decide to stay in the shallow end of the pool or you go out in the ocean – Christopher Reeve.

No comments: