Sunday, January 20, 2013

Barefoot Wine

Another 22 more days to go and we will be celebrating Chinese New Year. This year 2013 is the year of the Snake :( I never like snakes. My least favorite animal. I find that every year, for every major festival; be it CNY, Hari Raya or Deepavali – the atmosphere is getting quieter as the year pass – perhaps many Malaysians now opt for the last minute shopping as they have been program that the retailers; across all board will offer cheaper bargains and more price cuts as the celebration day draws near. Wonder if I get to have Yee Sang this year too; one of the things that I really like about Chinese New Year besides the traditional cookies. Heaps of vegetables are shredded and stacked together. Slices of fresh raw fish goes on top. Scatter ginger and all kinds of pickled delights around. Add a generous dose of sweet sauce, fragrant oil, crispy crackers and ground peanuts. As my grandmother have already passes on late last year, I think this year my family will be celebrating it in KL. This year CNY will be a very, very simple and meaningful affair :)

No comments: