Sunday, January 27, 2013

LAFA & Stella Young

Last year, I help out to organize Stewart’s birthday lunch, however, as I was busy this year, Celtic did the organizing instead. We had a very good lunch together at Kota Kemuning and was busy exchanging our latest stories. On Stewart’s side, apparently the Japanese have yet to reveal their new 2013 direction. The Japanese work culture has started to seep in very slowly where they are very strict with punctuality. Stewart & Felix are now the temporary acting directors for both Team Baz & Team Tex. Victoria have taken up the Toy Buyer position. James’s portfolio have been expanded from doing the financial closing for Team Baz & Team Tex to the whole of the Merchandise Division. I was also shock to hear from Stewart that Jonas have not been able to adapt well so far.

Well, as for me, my mind has already made up. There's really no explanation for it - except to admit. You see, I am very bored with my current job at the moment. My days are pretty busy, there are many things to do every day, but I feel very sien. At the end of the day, I just want to admit to myself that I am not in the mood to do even what I think I love best. However, be rest assured, I will not slack on my job. I have always believed, that as long as I am still sitting on that chair, at that table, sitting in that room, that I am still around, I still have a duty to serve both of the internal & external stakeholders and will not tolerate sloppy job. I think the reason that I am bored is that because I have been in this job since 2005. 8 years altogether. It’s the same challenges, same issues, same problems…only that it involves different scenarios, different people. There had been some rough and challenging moments as well. But thankfully, nothing that breaks the spirit too much. Sometimes, we used back the same tricks, the same explanations, the same excuses, the same solutions. Therefore, I feel myself being very stagant. I discovered that by learning new things, new skills, expanding into different areas, knowledge or industry - it gave my life meaning. That is why, I don’t mind to compromise my future salary a little to do something different, something new. And I also want to try to do something that I always have an interest in but never have the opportunity to do so - Advertising, Branding, Communication, Demand & Supply Forecasting, Journalism, Marketing Management, Media, Trade Marketing, Planner, Research etc.

GOD – you have touched my heart and changed my life. I am humble and grateful to you for being with me on this journey and the people that I have come across with & the people that have shared this journey with me. I know that as I move my life forward, it will be an expedition of challenges and fascinating experiences. I look forward to enjoying more good moments with you GOD and also with my family, my friends, my community. My life is still worth living :) I believe in redemption and second chances. If I don't break away from this shell, I will still be here. If I don't go after what I want, I will never have it. If I don't step forward, I'll always be in the same place.

No comments: