Sunday, January 06, 2013

i am resurrection

Thank You GOD, Praise To The LORD, Bless You GOD :)

The year 2012 has ended, and here are the results for my Stationery category.
MTD DEC 2012 >> 1.93% (RM112K)
YTD 2012 >> (-0.25%) (-RM112K)
Miraculously, it was a very slim gap as to compare to 2011. I expected far, far worst. Clearly, I have plenty to be satisfied with :) Ok, don’t compare with the budget, it goes down to the drain. Noted, that this figure is really nothing to shout about, as a matter of fact. It's just that to me, whether it’s a big or a small achievement, it should be acknowledges, shared and celebrated. It was also at a time where my competitors; especially the English was throwing prices (at below cost) for the majority of the items. I stand firm. I was not easily being swayed and follow blindly to throw the prices as well. I did not compromised on my category's profitability. Of course, there is always the big IF. What IF I have markdown the prices to pull in more crowds, would I have been able to acheive a positive YTD then. What’s more 2013 will not be an easy year for me as well. Whatever challenges that falls upon the French since the past 2 years, it’s now appearing very slowly in G13. Everything it’s a cycle. Once something reaches its peak of the life cycle, it will tend to slow down and it needs to revolve and re-invent itself to prevent itself from dropping out from the rat race. This have to end…but when? :) I know that the coming days at work will not be easy as well. I foresee that there will be pressure and frustration for me throughout the 18+/- hours a day. What’s more, the 2013 contract negotiation is already starting.

Sigh…don’t we all feel trapped in our own lives sometimes? Like it’s a high caged life that we live in. Probably one which we have chosen. Or perhaps one we were thrown into. There are so many things that we have no choice over. So many things which is beyond our control. I wonder if we can change things or if we will eventually be given a chance to be what we’ve always wanted to be, live the life we’ve always wanted. It’s never too late?

No comments: