Sunday, January 13, 2013

Mary; Queen of Frocks

Johor Premium Outlet – drop by at JPO on the way back from Legoland last year. First and foremost, I am truly impressed by the government’s initiative to find another economic platform in Johor to churn out businesses for the country besides the crown jewel of Selangor. I can see that the next 5 years will be a very interesting chapter for this state where every sector is booming from the property development (new emerging areas: Nusajaya, Kulaijaya), the financial services, the elite education hub (England's Malborough College & other international schools, colleges and reputable universities establishing their base here), the leisure tourism expansion (Legoland, Sanrio Hello Kitty Theme Park) and many more. We have been very good or not extremly good in planning, so hopefully we can execute this grand master plan well and able to maintain its sustainability to retain that competitive edge in the South East Asia region.

Ok, back to JPO – the vast building is located in the middle of an oil palm estate. I was annoyed the moment we arrive because they charged us RM3 as parking fee. I mean come on – the place is isolated and all of the branded labels are there (making money) and yet they still want to charge us for parking. Some more, it’s only an open space car park with shelter walkway & shelter cover for the cars, unlike a basement fully covered car park. Yes, there are many international brands around but I don’t see their prices as to be that dirt cheap. And the models, I think all of those are from the off-season. I always think that Malaysia is a dumping ground for these foreign brands. All of those old collections that are being sold here with sky-high prices is just to rip off the Malaysian pockets. Anyway, I’m not into brands as well :) I’m an outdoorsy person, rough & tough with a free soul. In the first place, I will not be able to carry them well and it doesn’t look nice on me either :)

No comments: