Sunday, January 06, 2013

will-o'-the-wisps



BRAVE – another animation that tugs at my heart strings. I love the Scottish stunning scenery, the Scottish highlands, the Scottish clans, the Scottish music, the Scottish accent, the Scottish values and the Scottish rich history. Young Princess Merida is the female version of Braveheart’s William Wallace. Ooh…I love those bouncy red curls too. The animation’s strong message is to be brave (which is also a word that I have chosen for 2013. i am ready to do Battle & Be Brave) and change your fate. Merida surmising what she has learned – There are those who say fate is something beyond our command. That destiny is not our own, but I know better. Our fate lives within us, you only have to be brave enough to see it. I liked that it's a story that begins with a female protagonist who is strong and independent, and it ends with a female protagonist who is strong and independent. And her triplet brothers – Hamish, Harris & Hubert are so adorable :) 

No comments: