Sunday, January 06, 2013

Robot Revolution Front


Astro Boy, The Movie – was watching this animation when I was travelling from KL to Singapore last month in the Nice Executive Coach. I have always love Astro Boy; a robot who loves both humans & robots, bringing equality & peace to planet earth, obedient and saving Metro City from alien life-forms.

But the core message of this first movie is about how Toby becomes Astro Boy and eventually he learns about fitting in and finding his place in the society. And this means a lot to me as well. I have been with G13 for 6 months now. I have adapted for sure. But as in really fitting in, gelling in with everyone and finding my place here – it still needs a lot of work to do. I found it easier to do that when I was with the French. But then again, the both of this workplace were born from different cultures. So for 2013, I am not only going to make new friends but also to spend time to re-connect with the old. It’s bothering me when I realized that 70% of some of my friends are no longer or barely in my life right now because people move on to another stage in their life and suddenly, we got disconnected. Yes, perhaps I am to be blame as well for not keeping in touch more. I will be like Astro, certainly it will takes some time…time is all I have to fit in and to find my place in this social order :) 

No comments: