Sunday, January 06, 2013

Why You? Why Me? Why Not Me?

Random WatsApp conversations with Tommy on New Year’s Eve:

"Heard your are doing well"
"Suppliers love you"
"I will see you in Tesco soon"

I was happy that I manage to catch up with Tommy that day. But with the above statements, I figure out that Tommy is just digging for information :) Or either that, people have been feeding Tommy with the wrong information. As always, I have remain low profile, humble and understanding throughout the entire process. I consider my work life to be so far so good, not really to the great extent. As I have said earlier on, everywhere is the same, there are the same problems, the same issues, the same challenges…it just that it involves different store team, different store locations, different scenarios. About suppliers loving me? I doubt so – perhaps, some may have affection for me (a minority of them) and some hated me (the majority of them). Nonetheless, for me this is strictly a business relationship, I collaborate with them on a win-win situation. I consolidate their resources, I capitalize on their strength, I return back to them what is originally theirs. However, I am not so sure what Tommy meant by the third statement and I didn’t want to probe further either. I feel proud when I find out that the big companies or rivals of my current company want me to be in their teams. Humble. Gratitude. I can truly look at my life right now, look towards the sky and say ‘GOD, you are an amazing GOD and have blessed my life tremendously’. My aim right now is to achieve the ambition of Leonardo and G13 collectively. For sure, there will be frustrations along the way. There will be dilemmas and crossroads in my life that I have to face & I will have to choose whether to go straight, turn left or right or go back :)

No comments: