Monday, November 04, 2013

all systems go for Classic




Work Tales - the other day, Ursula asked me (all of a sudden) whether I want to swap portfolio with Christy. ???? Huh, what a surprise right? Ursula commented that Christy is too dependent on her, rely on her too much and at the end of the day, Christy knows that she can fall back on Ursula. Ursula felt that this is a repeat of Pietro’s case. And I know, Ursula is also indirectly hinting at me that I have to rely on my own capabilities and draw from my own internal strength. I have to do all of the work. And I take note of that. I will not be getting any additional help from Ursula at all. I will have to be very hands-on. Ursula’s justification was, by putting Christy into my portfolio, Christy has to start to be independent all over again. Bullshit. I don't buy her answers. I think Ursula is trying to kill off Christy. If Christy cannot be independent within her own job scope, how and why can Christy be independent in her new work tasks. Or - maybe, just maybe that Urusla wants to upgrade Christy and downgrade me?! Celtic’s justification is that – by putting me in the Auto/DIY portfolio – Ursula can control me. Ursula knows the department too well. She always say that I kelentong and pusing around. So, now with this Auto/DIY portfolio, I can’t do that anymore :) Meanwhile, on Christy’s side – as Ursula is still new, she also have to learn the nature of the business all over again as well. Thus, by putting Christy over there, Ursula will be able to control everything in her hands all over again. Sigh…I am just very curious. Ursula is such a control freak. This is what she wants. Why complain about it? And if what she told me is right about Christy - I can only say that it is Ursula's own doing in the first place. I asked Ursula back on why she did not communicate her expectations to Christy. Ursula went silent. Oopsie...

Ursula still didn’t give up. Asked me again for the second time; saying that the offer is still open. I have another interpretation to it right now. Might be…there is a possibility that the Stationery Department will be removed again in the future. Thus, if I hold on to the Auto/DIY category, I will be safe and will still be park under Ursula’s charge. However, by then, Christy would not be under Ursula’s responsibilities anymore but somebody’s else. Wanting to get rid of Christy? Sigh…

No comments: