Sunday, November 24, 2013

#CharmedReboot




Blessing 002 >> this case is a bit complicated. The General does not get along very well with the Operations Team. I have no idea why. The Operations Team are eager to quickly kick-start all of the refurbishment of our current stores but The General would much more prefer that the HQ Buyers finalizes their range review first before implementing and executing them at the store level. So yeah, to a certain extent – this has cause some friction, miscommunication, lack of trust and even synchronization between the store level and the HQ people. But hey, this is one of the G13's culture and its own peculiar rules. Like Ursula mention to me the other day, this is how the rule of the game is and we shall play with it accordingly. Officially, the stores that I know which are currently going to refurb soon are GHSW and GXUK. We have gotten the store layout and are in the middle of working the aging, inactive, deleted and active sku list. However, no one knows anything about GXKT. I don’t even know about it until this very particular supplier complain to me that his space have been reduce from 4 bays to 1 bay and this is his top-selling, top-performing store. I heard that The General do not agree with the refurbishment plans but the Operations Team went ahead with it. With or without his consent. When I spoke to Nancy (the Ops 1 Coordinator) & Pat (the Project Leader for this Refurbishment Assignment) – they only say that I should get the new layout from my Boss.

So this particular supplier makes a very big hoo-haa (as usual, nothing is new here). Ursula was on MC on Friday. I spoke to my GXKT department head – also tak guna – his own backyard, his own territory is being attacked – but he say that he have to follow the Refurbishment Team instructions. The supplier said that he have spoken to the Store Manager but the Store Manager push back the responsibilities to HQ, saying that it was the Buyer’s decision. Fuck! Since when I have a say in all of this. This refurbishment scheme was not even an official project and was not recognize at the HQ level.

I don’t know whether I did the right thing or not. Perhaps it was wrong. Maybe, I was being too childish and emotional at that time. Since the rule of the game is like this – where the Refurbishment Team holds a bigger power and authority over the Store Team – I decided to ask Nancy & Pat for help. Thank You GOD, Praise To The LORD, Bless You GOD. In the end, Nancy & Pat agree to give 1 Bay and 2 Offer Bins back to the supplier. The store is having space limitations due to the current BTS, Christmas and CNY events. Once these major events are over, the supplier will get back their 4 offer bins. I thought the problem was solved. Mana tahu, the supplier spoils my Friday evening – called me up and scolded me. Saying that I pusing him around. I was so pissed off. I took the initative to try to re-solve his problem. I could use the easy way out. I could get him to call Ursula, The General or even the CEO. I could have brush everything aside. I could have postponed everything until Monday. Wait for Ursula to come back. I am also trying to save and salvage the sales as much as possible. My own store people is so dungu and don’t want to do anything at all. Don’t want to voice out, don’t want to justify, don’t want to fight for the space to the Refurbishment Team. This issue is yet to be close. This supplier will call Ursula tomorrow morning (for sure). I am really sorry if Ursula has to clean up this mess for me.

This supplier is very challenging to handle. I try to grow his competitor but still failed. This supplier is demanding, very logical, committed and most importantly, he knows how to play the modern trade game. If you promised him 3 offer bins – you better give him 3 offer bins. 1 offer bin less – he will chase you to hell and back. It’s been taxing and I’ve been thinking if I want to continue with his services…but he is the biggest supplier for the children books in the retail trade at the moment. Sigh...

No comments: