Sunday, November 17, 2013

Lady Maid Maid

Strange…this week – 3 times Ursula have mention to me that she is sort of like sien with her work, she is very envy of the French/Japanese HardLine/Appliance Director who have a bigger team than hers & only purely does Appliance alone. And Ursula wants to look for a new job. And I just brush her off by saying ‘yeah right’ and ‘pigs will fly in the sky’. I know what the problem is. Ursula’s crisis is that she is not being favored by The General. It is open secret that The General likes Leonardo & Marcus very much. Ursula and Barry are totally out from the picture. Previously, under Mr. Jan Vet – Ursula is the blue eye girl. Ursula manages to get away with everything. Not to say that Ursula has no substance – Ursula does have the essence (as a matter of fact; way better that Leonardo) – but Ursula no longer have the upper hand like she used to. When Ursula told me that The General commented that she is not a team player – I know that Ursula is already in deep shit. When you are in the corporate world, it is very important to have the bosses liking you and backing you up all the way. Ursula has also made many enemies with the store people. She is definitely not in a good place right now. So, now I not only have to PR with the Merchandise Team but I also have to PR with the Store Team as well. I don’t know how long Ursula will be in cold storage. From what I see, right now – Ursula needs to lay low, back off a little, not so high profile as before, leverage strong support from the suppliers, the store people, from her own team and keep on pushing for the sales. Let The General worried a little on why there is no more noise coming from Ursula’s camp. Ursula also told me that she also called up Mr. Jan Vet to complain and express her frustrations. At first, I was shocked by her honesty but then I slowly realized that her points were completely valid. Mr. Jan Vet was her mentor after all.

No comments: