Sunday, November 10, 2013

underdogs, misfits & the art of battling giants




This week, I also have the opportunity to tease Ursula 3 times :) But after this, I cannot do it anymore. Or else, Ursula will be very kecil hati. And I will be in deep trouble for sure. Ursula have been telling me how she have been doing the ordering for the Top 100 sku for the Auto/DIY category – then I asked Ursula back, why she didn’t load in the stocks for the Stationery Department as well. Ursula went down to our Senawang store with Gerrard & Shawn to draw up the Appliance Department new layout – I asked again, why Ursula didn’t help me to draw up the new layout for the Stationery Category as well. Ursula mentions that she have been doing indent allocations and reports for Christy – I cheekily say that Ursula is not being very fair because she is doing it on behalf for Christy and not for me :) Nonetheless, I also jokingly told Ursula that I was only pulling her leg. I will do back my own job. I don’t want to be a repeat case study of Pietro or Christy. If I am so, then I am very screwed. I have to remember and take note of my status – I am an orphan and a step child. I have to be independent. I have to take care of my own territory. Ursula is not going to extend her protection over me, Ursula is not going to back me up…I’m on my own now.

Ursula then start to tell me about her new department (mobile prepaid) and Auto/DIY – I directly shoot at her back – 'you don’t want me is it? Ask me to go here, ask me to go there'. Ursula said that it will be a new challenge for me. I shoot back that the Stationery Portfolio is already a big challenge in itself. Ursula just smiled. Something is fishy here. Something is not quite right somehow. I try not to think about it, but I'm sure somewhere along the line, it thinks about me :)

Every day, I am working late. And I still haven't and can’t complete my every day’s to do task list. IT IS KILLING ME ALREADY. Imagine, Ursula is already in the office when I come in the morning and the last to leave. She is such a workaholic. Her mobile phone is actually link to the company’s email. She replied emails day & night. Who knows, she even worked from 5am to 12am on a daily basis and she is a mother of two girls yah! Sometimes I wonder if I want to continue down this super-duper-career woman path; that may takes me to where my boss or previous boss is now, some day. About 60% of the time I consciously tell myself no. Another 20% of the time, I am undecided and I linger between maybe, and maybe not. And another 10% of the time I really enjoy this because it makes me feel very very young (not that I'm very very old, but you know). The remaining 10% is where I seriously WANT to take that path, because it looks like it will bring lots of excitement and fun fun challenges into my life and I can actually leave a vicious mark wherever I go, whenever I leave. Or something to that effect. I like being vicious. Grrrr…it makes me feel young :)

No comments: