Sunday, November 17, 2013

Sleazy Dizzy

Work Tales - I was in a very big trouble this week :( Nonetheless, Thank You GOD, Praise To The LORD, Bless You GOD that the matter has already been settle.

What happen was – all of the stores are gradually setting up for the BTS event. They are displaying the stationeries standees from both of the local suppliers and the import items. Plus getting additional offer bins to prepare for the influx of the stationeries stocks. For GHSA (the store downstairs) was no exception either. As a matter of fact, GHSA have to do an even better job because its HQ is upstairs and it was also the sales champion for 2012. However, as we do not have a proper designated promotion area like the English or the French/Japanese – most of the time, the buyers have to compete for space. Before the trouble starts, Ursula has already commented that it was awful. So I went down to the store and feedback to Ursula on my next course of action. The A4 paper that was blocked up will be remove and park back to the home bay. The A4 paper space will be taken up with 2 offer bins and will be displaying exercise books/exam pads/exam sheets and book cover/book wrappers instead. Once the local flat price stocks are in, I will need additional 2 offer bins. If the store team cannot get the space for me – my contingency plan will be to convert the 2 children books tables to 2 offer bins as a temporary measure. That space will be able to open up an extra 2 offer bins which we can display the flat price stocks. Ursula said ok.

Then, mana tahu – the next day, during my lunch break, I went inside the store - my BTS standees already eat into Alice’s territory :( My face was so pucat. It is illegal and I know Alice will kill me. I instructed my Department Head to remove them off immediately but he told me that he was instructed by the Division Manager and the Area Manager. There is just no more space. Actually, it was Grocery who took up most of the space because they are over stock. Then after lunch, I retreat back to my room; contemplating how am I going to solve this problem. Alice will find me for sure. Her Christmas stocks are also flooding in. But the biggest headache of all is that it involves both Leonardo & Ursula. I don’t want to put the both of them in trouble. I certainly do not expect Leonardo to side me as well. Leonardo already abandoned me for good. Anything, Leonardo also doesn’t care, doesn’t bother and make don’t know. Now talk, also don’t want to talk. Anything communicates via email. Its that bad. Leonardo is the best friend of Alice & Celtic now. I also for sure don’t expect Ursula to back me up either. I don't know what to do. Shortly after, I can hear that Alice storm into Leonardo’s room. Alice husky voice could be heard. Loud & clear. Stating that this issue was not against the person but against the problem. Alice have checked with the Ops 1 coordinator and say that there was no instruction coming down from the Area Manager. So, who is actually giving the instruction then? Everyone is apparently pushing it aside and making me look like the culprit.

I quickly consulted Celtic. Celtic ask me to stay calm and pretend to make don’t know. Don’t bring the subject up to Leonardo & Ursula. Let the store solve the problem themselves. If Alice does comes in and scold me, just calmly say that you will check and get back to her. In the end, I didn’t say anything to Leonardo but I did prompt Ursula; just in case if the fire gets bigger & hotter. Ursula also mentions that she doesn’t know anything about it. According to Pietro, Alice was damned pissed off with me. Luckily Pietro was on my side and was helping me out by saying that – knowing my good self, confirm it’s not my work. Maybe it was Ursula who gave the instruction to the store people. Pietro cannot get along with Ursula and decides to cucuk Ursula :)

The next day, I met up with the Ops 1 coordinator twice. The first meeting, I didn’t bring up the subject. It was only during the second meeting that I mention about the matter. I try to get sympathy vote here :) I told the Ops 1 coordinator that I don’t know what to do, I ask the store team to remove the standees as soon as possible, I didn’t bring up the subject to both Leonardo & Ursula. I want to tell you but don’t know how. It works. The Ops 1 coordinator said that the matter has already been resolved. The store team will remove one of the diaper blocks and give back to the stationery team. Alice will have her block back and will display together with the Christmas Decos. This Ops 1 coordinator only communicates with Leonardo & Alice on the changes as Ursula is the number 1 enemy in this Ops 1 coordinator list.

Whew…what an escape, what a relief. Looks like I have to PR even harder after this. But I do realize that a perception has already been built around Ursula. Whether Ursula did it or not, everyone thinks that it was Ursula’s doing. Maybe, during Mr. Jan Vet’s reign, Ursula has abuse and manipulates that privilege to the max. I also told Ursula. I don’t know whether you give the instruction or not, I give you the benefit of the doubt that you didn’t do it. I choose to believe Ursula.

No comments: