Sunday, November 17, 2013

Booze, Balls & Bands




After reading the shocking news of Mini Shorts – I’m just very grateful for this entire life package that the Almighty has given me :) It’s taken me some time, but I’ve come to realize that an ordinary, happy & fulfilling life is something to be thankful for. When I was in my 20s, I shunned ordinary. I wish a lot during that time. I wanted my life to be bigger, brighter and better than it was. I longed for an exciting life, not a dull or, worse, ordinary one. Better job, better salary, better assignments, better holidays, better parties, better car, better clothes, better shoes, better everything. And I chased them all. I manage to catch some too. My priorities have changed because of age and perspective. If ever a person needs a reality check on what really matters in life – it’s growing older. I realize just how fragile life is, not only my own, but also the people that I love. The older you get, the more aware you are that life can change in a split second, and you start valuing what you have and what is really precious to you. And at my age, such news will find me and with increasing frequency too. I am going to life my life to the fullest after this :)

For most of life, nothing wonderful happens. If you don’t enjoy getting up and working and finishing your work and sitting down to a meal with family or friends, then the chances are you’re not going to be very happy. If someone bases his happiness or unhappiness on major events like a great job, huge amounts of money, a flawlessly happy marriage or a trip to Pairs, that person isn’t going to be happy much of the time. If, on the other hand, happiness depends on a good breakfast, flowers in the yard, a drink or a nap, then we are more likely to live with quite a bit of happiness – Andy Rooney (an American TV & Radio presenter)

No comments: