Sunday, November 17, 2013

LIFE…is full of surprises at the moment…



I am an avid follower cum reader of the minishorts.net blog. The writer is actually Miss Claire Khoo. She is an active blogger, I enjoyed her amusing, thought-provoking writings and inspirational findings on her daily life and just about on everything that happens in our society. I saw an ambitious, single, corporate woman (she prides herself as someone who is very opinionated and hence decisive) trying to find her way in this life, saw her fell in love with the man of her life; Eric and the birth of her 2 boys – Paul & Mark. Since her marriage and the arrival of her children, she have scale down on her blogging activities; perhaps to have an ordinary, quiet and unassuming virtual citizen life. Occasionally, she will post some pictures of her family. Recently, she have changed her blogging address to clairekhoo.com – I thought it was a routine re-branding exercise (due to her change in status) but I was absolutely stunned when I read further. In August this year, she was diagnosed with Stage 3 Triple Negative Breast Cancer. It was an OMG moment for me. She was only 33 years old. The kids are young, I am sure that there are many things that she have yet to achieved, her future is so bright…it seems not fair. Nonetheless, she is a fighter, a victor and I believe that she will indeed survive.

Thank You GOD, Praise To The LORD, Bless You GOD – that I am OK. Hence, I feel determined towards making a small contribution towards the breast cancer research, a cure, prevention, support and promotion. Because these young women out there surely deserves better, a second chance to lead a much more fulfilling life with their families & friends. I also really adore the worldwide PINK marketing campaign towards Breast Cancer. The movement is so uniting, beautiful and touching. It may not be real. I may not be affected by it, thus I’m not moved to give. However, the challenge is to make it real, with knowledge. Make it personal, by giving.

No comments: