Sunday, March 30, 2014

Big Dreams & Big Changes

I am Ursula’s punching bag :(

Ursula asks me whether she have told me the story of the carpet or not…I said no…Ursula only told me stories of Black & Decker, Shin Hing, toilet seats, bamboo torch and oil. Apparently, Baldwin brought in some stocks for carpets – outdoor carpets…again, another grey area. Ursula felt that it should be under her department and she can get up to 60% margin. Indoor carpets are under Baldwin’s jurisdiction, outdoor carpets are pretty debatable. One of the big garden supplier also got sell the outdoor garden carpets at RM79.90.

Ursula also proudly shows off to me that she have completed the Auto/DIY indent buying. She commented that it’s – Me, Me, Me – who does everything. Christy is so slow, so it is better for her to follow-up and put the orders in as fast as possible.

The other day, the buying income collection was not enough. Then, Ursula showed me Christy’s report card. Supplier: Shin Hing. In January this year, Ursula pump in the orders; around RM500k, thus the buying income is high because the purchases are high too. Come February & March – where Ursula did not do anything at all, all was in the hands of Christy's...purchases drop to RM100k, therefore the buying income collection also drop. Ursula then test me…what I would do…I will retrieve the suppliers fast moving items, check with the suppliers on their stock availability, do the ordering…then Ursula ask me – how to tell…then, I take another peek at Ursula’s computer screen to double-confirm and I laugh because it was Christy’s supplier. I tell Ursula to tell Christy on how she probes me. I think Christy is smart enough to catch up on what Ursula wants; it is Ursula who is emotionally & personally biased in judging Christy's work right now. This supplier’s stock availability is 45 days lead time – I told Ursula – Boss, you are a very smart person – Ursula already arranges something with the supplier behind Christy’s back. Ursula will not let this business to falter. If Christy cannot help much, Ursula will do everything by herself. Ursula also disagrees with Christy methods of allowing this supplier to increase their cost price by 20%.

No comments: