Monday, March 31, 2014

Sekeping Serendah



Thank You GOD, Praise To The LORD, Bless You GOD.

LadyBug Books Fair – on last week Monday & Tuesday, it was a very busy time for me to coordinate between the supplier and the store team. What happen was…Ursula manage to kick-start the book fair for 1 month…what Leonardo cannot do or refuse to do or unwilling to do or incapable to do…Ursula manage to do it. My salutations to her. Ursula manages to get the Top 15 stores to participate. I don’t know how she does it or how she convinces the store team to help her out…but Ursula did it. She manages to bring it up to this new level. I feel so ashamed…because previously…I can’t manage to bring it up to this scale. I have never doubted Ursula's capabilities…only doubted and remain unconvinced of the store team. However, there are still some major hiccups along the way as well. Initially, Nancy allows the store team to use the black bins or pallets for display…when the stores have already done the set-up so nicely…Nancy instruct the stores to change to the chrome bins instead. Then the chaos happen one by one…some stores provide less offer bins…thus the supplier felt shortchanged… the stocks that the supplier deliver was sufficient for the bigger size of bins…but when it was changed to the smaller chrome bins…the supplier have to bring back their excess stocks…all this while The General did not even mention a single word…sigh. I was just so exhausted; both mentally & emotionally throughout this entire process.

And then mana tahu…on last week Friday (before Ursula leaves for her week long German holiday) – this supplier informs Ursula that he wants to complain all the way up to the new CEO level. Ursula was so bengang with him. Ursula called the supplier and they have a dispute. For the first time, I hear Ursula scold a supplier. But this Ursula also knows how to hold her fort well, with fierce independence & resilience. Then, this is where Ursula says that I hide things from her. Which I did not. I told her everything and I try to resolve everything. I did not want to burden her. Ursula will find that with Christy, she has to solve all of the Christy’s problems…with me…I don’t want to trouble her and try to solve the problems all by myself as much as possible…but when the problem becomes too big for me to handle & is about to explode…I will crawl my way back to her :) Hahaha…

Ursula also said that this supplier also quite sayang me…the store team must respect us as the buyers. Ursula said that before she flies off…she will call all of the 15 problematic stores to give back the original space to the supplier… but until today…I didn’t see any email from her. I don’t blame her. First and foremost, Stationery is such a small department, she has to settle the big portfolios first. And calling all of the 16 stores on a late Friday night or on a Saturday – it’s also not fair to her as well. It’s my shit and I should be cleaning it up all by myself. The way Ursula can bring it up to this level – I am already very grateful, one hundred times. I just hope that I didn't disappoint her.

No comments: