Sunday, March 16, 2014

RUN AS ONE




I was away for a week. Sourcing trip to Guangzhou & Yiwu, China. With Ursula.

(1) Ursula can really talk. We talk so much. Previously, travelling aboard or locally with Leonardo – we hardly utter a word to each other. We were so quiet. There is a gap between us. With Ursula, it is so different. Every time, Ursula is the starter for every conversation. I can see that she likes to express herself very much. I think there are a lot of things that is going through her mind…sometimes, when we express it out, things become so much clearer. I was her so-called punching bag during this trip.

(2) Ursula finds Sabrina to be young, eager to learn and a fast learner too.

(3) Ursula likes Sean very much. They share a close bond with one another. Once, Sean even uses Ursula’s credit card to make a very expensive purchase. They are that close! Sean is also Ursula’s spy whenever Ursula is not around in the office. Sean will report everything back to Ursula. Ursula mentions that Gerrard will not do such a thing. I have to be extra careful from now on. Sean is also a bit cunning when it comes to business, not a process-oriented type of person. Lately, Sean have been feeling frustrated because Sean’s department is not a focus category by the top management, yet it also can be categorize as a major category with the highest income contribution. Sean has to delivered more income than anyone else but received no acknowledgment.

(4) Ursula commented that Gerrard likes to win all the time, very calculative like an accountant, Gerrard will calculate until very detail, till the end. Ursula will always go behind Gerrard’s back by manipulating the suppliers to re-phrase their sentences or to change their influence pattern to convince Gerrard to try on something new.

(5) I finally understand Ursula’s frustrations with Christy. Ursula feedback that Christy was initially was very good when Christy first arrived, then Christy lapse. Christy does not know how to prioritize which tasks is more important. Christy does not paid attention to what Ursula said. Christy creates problems for Ursula. For example, Christy pumps in a lot of orders at the store level. Until the Store Manager complain to Ursula that the store can open another hardware store. These in-coming stocks are not link to any Leaflet or Press Ad activities. Ursula’s way of doing things is that the influx of stocks must have advertisement exposure. Additionally, this Christy also likes to do the special in-store promotion one store at a time, but Ursula feels that the promotion will works better if it is being done collectively 5 stores at a time or more.

(6) Ursula also feels angry is that after she have plan the indent buying, by right Christy can do the store allocation but Christy brush it off, saying that Ursula can do it by herself.

(7) Christy’s email to the stores are not well-written, not well-directed, not well-instructed. Very kelam-kabut. Don’t know what is Christy’s actual point of view is.

(8) Ursula also notices that Alice hates me :) I told Ursula on why Alice hates me. Alice wanted Matte-Marit to get the job, but I got Jonas’s position instead. Alice also requires a lot of love, attention, tender, loving, care from Leonardo. I find Alice to be very dangerous. Alice belongs to a group of people who take it upon themselves to think for me, make assumptions, misinterpret situations or interpret things as if they are me.

(9) Ursula also reminds me that if anything does goes wrong at work, we cover the whole thing as a team :)

(10) If I make any mistakes, go and surrender to Ursula first, don’t let Ursula hear from other people's mouth.

(11) Ursula admits that she herself have many faces. She does not need people to like her. She only wants people to be impress with the figures that she delivers.

(12) Ursula says that all promises that I have made, I must be able to keep them. Walk the talk. I think Ursula has realized that I always delay in delivering my promises :)

(13) Before I left for this trip, Celtic reminds me to take good care of myself, be safe and be independent. This Ursula tak boleh harap one. Really true. For example, whenever I sit next to any of my former bosses during a meal, they will take a dish or two for me. This Ursula doesn’t have one; only pour red wine for me. But I do appreciate her for coming down to the airport with me to collect my luggage. She missed her breakfast for that day.

(14) Hahaha…Ursula & myself share the same luggage size. Hers was black in color with yellow strings and mine is a dark blue color with red locks.

No comments: