Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hepburn Springs




THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE TO THE LORD, BLESS YOU GOD :) My GOD is indeed MIGHTY TO SAVE. My LORD is my personal SAVIOR. January, February and March have showered me with tribulations after tribulations. But GOD with his Mercy & Grace; He has help me to recover from them, He graced me with a peace of mind & a calm heart during these trying times, He reaches out and holds me tightly, My GOD is my anchor, my source of strength, and He is the inspiration during these trouble times. Let’s start with what happen in January:

(1) WorldVentures – it’s a direct marketing/MLM holiday business plan approach. Stephanie was on board. Celtic didn’t want to join. How it works is that once a member sign up for this program, the member have to pay for the entry membership fees first. All transactions here are in the USD currency. Next, the member has to find another 4 people so the member does not have to pay for the monthly subscription fees anymore. Then, the member has to find more people so the member can earn more income. Then, from the income earned, the member can choose any travel package and go for holidays for free. I am not really into direct sales and my network is also not that wide. Therefore, for me, if I cannot find the required 4 people to participate, the monthly deductions, I will take it as a form of savings. On the surface, the holidays package looks attractive and reasonably price. Then, Stephanie also signs up Victoria. Then mana tahu, on the same day itself, after a few hours of signing up, Victoria realized that something was not right and immediately cancel the credit card. Victoria also gives me a call regarding this issue as well. I was very angry that Stephanie was not honest with me, Stephanie should have alerted me on this and we could have sat down and discuss this together as a team. I went and check out the website, did notice that there are some loopholes. It’s not a fraud but it was something that was not suitable for me as well. The holidays are mostly in Europe and in the US. Very little in Asia. The duration of the holiday is very short. The company do provides good hotel accommodation but if we do want to see more of a particular place, we then have to extend our stay, which means paying more for the air tickets and accommodation. For those who already grow their businesses, even though it’s a short vacation trip, it’s ok for them because the trip is already free. The holiday package on offer is excluding the air tickets. But the company have a price pledge system where they will provide refund if you make a higher purchase earlier on. Victoria and I did an experiment. Trying to compare the air ticket prices where we log on to their website and also on AirAsia website. Same destination, same duration. In the end, buying the AirAsia tickets was way cheaper. That means, members have to always be on the alert, always compare prices, ask for refund all the time. Or else, they will lose out. The company pacify the members by providing the refund. It should not be that way. Whereas for me, it is not that worthwhile. This is where GOD steps in. Victoria taught me on how to write the termination letter and the appeal for refund letter. Victoria also taught me on how I should go about with the credit card process. So, in the end, I got my refund back. The company didn’t proceed to deduct anymore the monthly subscription fees. Unfortunately, Stephanie lost all of her money. It was indeed a lesson well learned for me. I also didn’t keep the money after that. Eventually, I donate the whole lump sum to the church. I was about to lose the money in the first place so I think it was more appropriate to give it back. There are no hard feelings towards Stephanie, but I know that she also cannot be harap if such situations do arise again.

(2) Accident – I got into an accident with a motorbike. The rider fell off but luckily, the Uncle was ok, he didn’t ask for any compensation or scold me. I only got a scratch on my car. What happen was, I was at a t-junction, the rider stop, then when there was no car and the rider could have cross the street, but this Uncle pula takes out a cigarette to smoke & didn’t make a cross for it and as I didn’t see properly that the Uncle was in a still mode, I bang into him. Sigh…

(3) Red Light – this case actually happen in December last year. I was driving from Bangsar back to Shah Alam. It was a very heavy downpour. Visibility was bad, there were so many water spilling onto my direction, then I think I hit a hump and the red light of the oil indicator was on. It means that something was wrong. I was so worried. I drove all the way back with panic & anxiety and head straight away to my mechanic's workshop. Again, after changing the switch board, all was back to normal. Earlier on, the mechanic didn’t even know what was wrong or where is the exact location of the malfunction piece.

THANK YOU GOD, PRAISE TO THE LORD, BLESS YOU GOD :)

No comments: