Sunday, March 16, 2014

Grampians



Hahaha…wow...this Ursula really wants to lead the Textile Department. She knows what needs to be done to bring up the sales. Noted that the department sales are declining at the moment but I think Marcus should be given a fair chance as well. It’s a transition period after all. But Ursula said that 6 months is going to be over very soon. Nothing new or fresh is coming out from Marcus. Ursula also shares with me that the team of buyers that Marcus have inherited are also very problematic. They don’t disclose everything to Marcus, they keep everything to themselves, they practice a close-book policy, one buyer likes to source for funny things, another buyer do not like to source at all etc. There is no consistency or development of new concepts or story lines thus far. Apparently, Clara also has an argument with Marcus recently. Ursula asks me back; what I would do then. I answer that I will have an open communication with all of the buyers on my expectations and if necessary change all of the buyers. I tease Ursula that it will be a challenge for her too; if she does get the portfolio, she brushes it off that she will change all of the buyers as well. OMG!

No comments: