Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Spanx are my new best friend.



On last week Friday – all of the buyers have a 15 minutes 1-to-1 session with The Ice Queen.
The Ice Queen ask me – tell me more about yourself, your category sales is down…so what is your recovery action plan, are you open to the idea of transferring to another department or changing into a new category, where do you see yourself in 3 years time. Seriously, I am kind of scarred of The Ice Queen. I don’t know how to hard-sell myself, I don’t know how to highlight my good points & achievements…I have never been good in that area...even Ursula said that I should do that…she expected better from me. Well, I have always believed that my passion, enthusiasm, sincerity, innocence & faith will carry me through.

I told The Ice Queen that I cannot see myself in 3 years time that clearly because since I have been in G13 for the past 2 years & 4 months, I have change 3 SCMs – but The Ice Queen also answered me back brilliantly – I may change bosses frequently but I am still holding onto that 1 category. I replied back…yeah, but I have to adapt to different leadership, styles, ideas, concepts.

I find that The Ice Queen is a very autocratic person. The Ice Queen gives me the impression that we must respect the elders. Whatever the elders said, it’s already conclusive. No room for arguments. The Ice Queen is the final decision maker. The Ice Queen wants to leave a legacy. The Ice Queen has dedicate the whole life to G13.

As a conclusion – there is generally the feeling that The Ice Queen will re-structure the team once again.

No comments: