Saturday, January 30, 2016

The Two Bears




I am actually very nervous :) starting my new job with the Japanese on Monday.

For sure, I will be bringing in some English flavor with me on board. Of course, I take note that not everyone will like the English flavor…but I also believe that if it is a good one, we should keep it…the not so good one, we should fine tune it…the bad one, we should just bin it. And I should also remind myself not to pass judgments so quickly and harshly as well. I also don’t want to repeat the same mistakes like those English people when they first on board G13 which cause many existing G13 people to leave.

Hmm…I wonder how Stewart and Celtic will react to me then…

Most fights aren’t about policy and principle, or about right and wrong; they’re almost always about pride. Pride leads to conflict. Quarrels are fueled by pride, by needing to be right, by wanting our way, or by defending our turf or our egos.

On the other side, wisdom resides with the well-advised – those who listen and learn, those who allow themselves to be instructed. There is wisdom in those who humble themselves – those who set aside their own selfish ambition; who acknowledge the limits of their own understanding; who listen to the other person’s point of view; who allow their own ideas to be corrected. This is the wisdom from God that spreads peace wherever it goes.

Dear heavenly Father, help me as I battle pride today. It’s so easy to take my eyes off You and focus on myself. Give me a humble heart.

No comments: