Friday, November 18, 2016

God’s Sandpaper




I hurt, Lord, but show me where I need to change. Show me what’s right.

My friend had acted as God’s sandpaper in my life. My feelings felt rubbed raw, but I sensed that how I responded would lead to the building of my character – or not. My choice was to submit to the smoothing process, confessing my pride and stubborn stance. I sensed that my bumps and imperfections didn’t glorify the Lord.

As iron sharpens iron, so one person sharpens another, shaving off the rough edges in each other’s behavior. The process may bring about wounds, such as hurt but ultimately the Lord can use these words to help and encourage us to make needed changes in our attitude and behavior.

Lord, this shaping process hurts, but I want to submit to the process. Mold me and smooth me.

The Lord allows our rough edges to be smoothed over through the sandpaper of life.

No comments: