Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Full Sun




Although we can survive for a while in a less-than ideal conditions, we can’t thrive.
Yes, that is me with The Japanese. I can survive but I cannot thrive.

Now, I am not a very smart person…but at times, I am a small genius…hahaha…
Stewart said that the total Division is short of RM6 million. What can we do to recover them?
RM6 million is quite a huge amount. Planogram improvement is one thing but it cannot generate that much of turnover. Back To School is one of the last event for this year…but still it cannot cover RM6 million.

Anyway, I told Stewart this…we have to present a total picture. Currently, only my categories are doing the pallet operation. We have to get the message…the pallet operation concept across to the customers…I alone cannot do it by myself…we have to sent a direct and clear message to the customers that we have these…just like G13 when they did their Murah Giler…the whole Division contributes…of course the HouseHold department is the main anchor tenant. But collectively, the customers will get the message that this is what G13 have to offer and will start to perceive that their things are cheap even though they may not be cheap. I told Stewart that we should do a pallet operation project or a something similar like G13. Stewart said that luggage cannot do…of course lah luggage cannot do…duh…but other categories can do mah…Stewart have to lock this into the trade plan and get all of the buyers to start their sourcing. But I think Stewart…either don’t have the courage or also in the comfort zone as well.

Stewart also haven’t get my pallet operation SOP done yet as well. We already started with the pallet operation concept…yes, I have to push for the sell thru…but we need to bring in new pallets soon as our customers are routine customers and they will eventually get bored with it…otherwise, we started out with such a strong momentum, then we kaput halfway and cannot move forward pula. We must also reinforce this concept in the customers mind set. We need to present an image to the customers. We have to differentiate ourselves from the competitors.

I still believe that 1 major event, with proper planning may be able to save the day.

No comments: