Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Romeo & Juliet Overture




Am I being arrogant here…I don’t think so lor…I just want to contribute…I have…did like what...10 categories – Bicycle, Camping, Sports, Nautism, Live Plants, Live Pets, Furniture, Luggage, Toys, Stationeries…and now HouseHold…I felt like I am a treasure chest, full of knowledge and experience…but somehow…Stewart just ignore them.

What is the team actually lacking right now is the common assortment.

Lee Nee did a fantastic job in compacting the department. But compact until there are missing ranges. I shop at The English. I may not be buying any DIY, Auto merchandise at the moment from them. But one day, if I do need them, I will think about going to The English first to buy as they have the common assortment.

Stationery – Harriet just needs to revamp the whole assortment, just like how Tommy & I did it and manage to achieve small success with G13. I don't know what is stopping Harriet actually. Harriet also just informs me that Harriet have not been confirmed yet till today.

Mrs. Simon’s furniture…I don’t agree with roadshows…it will always be tough for next year LFL. Always go for genuine sales.

Toys…now only Stewart saw the magic of HotWheels…HotWheels is a collector’s item. The other brands are all replicas. Bringing in kinetic sand and the emoji plush are good novelties…but they won’t bring in the sales. Where are the remote control cars? Cheap die cast cars? Really…it’s the common assortment again.

They are not playing to my strength. I want to share. Is it the way I present it? Do I come across as too egoistic?

And when it comes to presentation and analysis…I believe that I bring in a totally different perspective. But hor…this Stewart…just compliment me but do not share the best practice with the rest of the team members. I also don’t know what this Stewart is thinking about. Unlike The English…they have a standardize template, get the heads of department to sign them off…then everyone can synchronize and start to use it. We cannot be doing the same thing and expecting different results. What’s more maybe the hypermarket format is no longer the destination for fancy or festival items anymore. It is more for weekend groceries shopping.

I am still counting days :)

No comments: