Sunday, July 31, 2016

His Plans Or Ours?




It’s normal to be disappointed when God’s timing and design for our lives do not match our expectations. When David wanted to build the Lord’s temple, he had the right motives, the leadership ability and the resources. Yet God said he could not undertake the project because he had killed too many people in battle.

David could have shaken his fist at the sky in anger. He could have pouted or plowed ahead with his own plans. But he humbly said – Who am I, Lord God…that You have brought me this far?

David went on to praise God and affirm his devotion to Him. He valued his relationship with God more than his ambition.

Dear Heavenly father, I commit all of my plans to You. My Career, my Self-Development, my 2 Senior Citizens, my Small Ham, my Finances, my Leisure, my Relationship, my Desires and my Ambition.

Thank You for bringing me this far. You mean more to me than anything in the world.

No comments: