Thursday, May 04, 2017

Put Down Your Burdens




What do we do with the load of fear, worry and anxiety we often carry as we go through life’s many challenges?

Jesus said – Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.

Yet, I’ve caught myself carrying burdens I should offload onto Jesus.

We put down our burdens when we bring them to the Lord in prayer. The Apostle Peter says – Cast all your anxiety on Jesus because He cares for you. Because He cares for us, we can rest and relax as we learn to trust Him. Instead of carrying the burdens that weight us down and weary us, we can give them to the Lord and let Him carry them.

I’m tired, Lord. I bring You my burdens today.
Please keep them and carry them for me.

Prayer is the place where burdens change shoulders

No comments: