Saturday, September 03, 2016

Cream by The Roast Things




Something is brewing in the retail industry in Malaysia, I can feel God is on to something. For the very first time, I sat quietly and did not trigger anything. Just waiting for God’s plans for me.

The English is on a retrenchment mode again, this time the target is 600 employees, most likely from the store level. At G13, the new Foot Operating Module have been introduce, they are going to embrace the English culture which I am quite surprise with such a decision. But it also indicates that the English system is indeed a proven system. While here with The Japanese, Mrs. Simon is leaving, the whole Small Appliance Team is leaving; 5 of them but the HR Department is only allowing the team to hire only 1. Thus, a re-structuring is on the cards. Now, the top management wants Stewart to take out one Division Manager from Team Baz. For sure Stewart will not remove Celtic, Stewart needs MT, the only one left is Jonas. If no Division Manager, then Stewart has to give away 2 Category Managers.

Well, my idea to Stewart (I have not discuss this with Stewart yet) will be like this…Celtic remains where Celtic is now. Jonas to take up Mrs. Simon portfolio. I want to be park under MT…so MT have to take over Jonas’s portfolio while retaining her current portfolio. I don’t want a promotion…just let Stationery, Boys Toys, Bicycle, Camping, Sports & Nautism be park under me. There, it plays to my strength and is align with my passion…hahaha…

No comments: