Saturday, January 04, 2014

Big Tidings & A Happy New Year



2014 is here – I have survived the amazing race that was 2013. With every New Year, there lays a new set of hopes, plans and resolutions spiked with a few excitements to convictions and even worries. 2013 turned out to be a year full of discoveries, personal growth, deep thoughts, soul searching and blessings; albeit mostly in disguise. I am sure my 2014 will deliver the same experience as well. I don’t know what 2014 has in store for me. I do have plans and expectations, but one can never tell with the unexpected roadblocks and mysteries in life. Whatever may come my way, I hope to take the bull by its horns, wrestle my way through it and hope to reach the pit stop for the year, stronger & wiser. Here’s to another year full of hopes, promises, mysteries, memories, lessons, ordeals and triumphs. Have an amazing 2014 :)

Below are my Bucket List for 2013 – let’s walk down memory lane and see what I have accomplished so far:

(1) Participate in two 10KM Marathons – I did a 10KM marathon (Brooks Run in March), a 8KM marathon (Malaysia Women Marathon in April) and finally a 15KM marathon (NTV7 Feel Good Run in July). I also went for a 8KM walkathon (Guardian Walkathon). Yay!

(2) Buy a new bicycle – failed :)

(3) Learn Spanish – 49 new words in 2011, 10 new words in 2012, none in 2013 :)

(4) Travel to Bali, Indonesia – didn’t’ manage to make it there but had an island holiday in Pulau Redang :) Had my second water snorkeling session too.

(5) Travel to Hong Kong & Macau – went to Hong Kong twice, Shenzhen & Ningbo (for work).

(6) Travel to New Zealand – was a bit far-fetched, so the trip was tak jadi – but went on a holiday trip to Taiwan instead :)

(7) To watch these movies – Dead Poet Society, Thelma & Louise, The Shawshank Redemption, Elizabeth, Avatar, Batman 3, Hunger Games, Braveheart and The Sisterhood Of The Travelling Pants – aiyo, all also tak jadi.

(8) To read a total of 5 books per year – score poorly here – only manage to finish 1 book – The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho. The story that changes the way I think.

(9) To attend a Rock Concert – also tak jadi.

(10) To learn on how to reverse the car – delay and delay until I didn’t even try and learn anything from it :)

(11) Volunteer with an organization – also tak jadi.

Even though, a lot of the things are not being ticked off, there is still 2014 :)
Priority is also to make sure that every moment of my every day is being spent wisely and enjoying my life to the fullest.

No comments: