Sunday, January 19, 2014

twelve months, eleven days



Fat Spoon, Damansara Uptown – had lunch with James, on last two Sundays ago. Damansara Uptown is an office area that is never short of F&B outlets. Even though, it was a weekend, the place is still jam-packed with people and parking is still a hassle. I really love Fat Spoon. The interior layout is very homely, 60s style, it gives such a raw & nostalgic feel to it. Also interesting to see the kitchen utensils, pots, tiffin carriers, silver cookeries etc are being hanged at one corner of the café. I notice that the people who run the restaurant business are a bunch of young adults who manage the operations with ease and friendliness. The only downside to it is that the place is quite noisy.

Fat Spoon is being known to offer grandma's recipe. They serve good comfort food. I love their Ulam Fried Rice :) It was so satisfying. The wok-fried rice with sambal and aromatic herbs was tasty, and loved the chicken curry too. Their KFC fried oyster was fresh and gratifying. But it was pricey too. RM18 for 4 mussels only. Their dessert was just as good. I had their fried banana fritters with vanilla ice cream. It was an awesome lunch.

It was good catching up with James. Getting bits of information here and there. The Japanese is currently renovating their Subang Office. Tyan delivered her third baby (a boy), BTS sales weren’t that good, James will be given a new portfolio soon etc. I also shared my side of the story with James, the 2013 adventures that I went through with Leonardo; unlike the rest of my close friends & comrades…James doesn’t seem to share my feelings and empathy, my network of people were more encouraging and understanding. James was not. James must have thought that this was a remeh-temeh case. No big deal and can be brused off very easily. It was an awful ride for me ok. Sigh…man! I would really like to bring this liaison a notch higher but don’t know why…it always fell half way through. Sigh…maybe some things are not meant to be and should be where it should be.

No comments: